Saturday, September 14, 2019

Journey of heartbreak


Evening has passed into eternal night,  Sunlight forever slipping away

My heart is far from being right,  Alone and wishing for someone to say

Where could things have gone,  To take me down this darkened road
I turn around and the path is long,  My direction is lost and my will has grown old

I see now I am climbing further down,  Away from the person I used to be
I scream for help but there is no sound,  The definition of myself is no longer me

The promise of morning light has kept me,  Hoping that I will last another year
I only wished to just be free,  But freedom is drowned in tears

I hate myself for what I have done,  When I walked away from all I loved
I just can't fight the feelings that come,  Swallowing me, hollowing me, my love

Why did I even bother to fall for you,  When I knew that it would break my heart
I just wanted to have something true,  Love is something of what I wanted a part

One day my broken heart will recover,  When I find the place I am searching for
Truth told me to leave my lover,  But truth tears me apart even more

This path grows colder as the night stretches on,  My memories carry me even further away
My choices are made however wrong,  I just wished that I could stay...


No comments: