Tuesday, April 19, 2011

I am one of the forgotten who hasn’t forgotten. (Part 2)

I used to teach you and your children at church. 
I wiped your tears, watched you grow up. 
I was there for you most of your life, through joy and sorrow, praying that God would keep you safely in His hands.
I watched you go through school and trials of every kind. Watched you make mistakes, wrong choices. But I always held out hope for you. Was always there holding out my arms when you came running.

Now I am old and have been sent away. I have no family so nursing homes are where I abide. I guess you are just too busy to remember my name but I remember yours.

No one visits, no one calls. No cards, no letters. Just living my life alone, feeling as though all those years and tears I had wasted my time. To be forgotten now with no one for me to run to when I am afraid. When I just need a hug or know someone cares.
So many of you I can remember. Do I ever cross your mind or to the forgotten have you become so blind?

No comments: