Friday, November 5, 2010

can you not see?

can you not really see what is flowing inside of me
are my mistakes and faults all you see
is there nothing good contained within
when you look at me do you only see my sin

i know i am not perfect in any way
yet i wish i was like you this very day
so much is in turmoil with in my heart
to even explain i know not where to start

all wrapped up in the pain of my life
everywhere i go i see nothing but strife
when does the madness really end
is my life even worth the trouble to defend

each day i awake and always pray
that i would not have to endure another day
yet when i open my eyes and look around
my heart has fallen even closer to the ground

where will this all end i do not know
its the life i have been given i just go with the flow
not really sure if i can still can swim
just daily following lifes little whim

so what if i truly end up on the ground
will there be another life to be found
if i should die before i wake
who will my soul really take

so many things i question in this thing i call life
sometimes the air is so thick you can cut it with a knife
i always wonder why i fight so hard to cling
when an end is so much easier to bring

why is it you ask when you really dont want to know
after all you already know what it is i have in tow
no one really wants to look into the soul
yet to pretend to look is most people goal

so if you see within me a flaw
dont stand there in awe
just remember i am ugly on the inside
and that i cannot i hide

lets just sit here and agree
that instead of look you will flee
no matter how hard you try to change me
you words are just more of decree

how much of a failure i am with no hope in sight
just one more push and i will take my final flight
even if you truly meant no ill
you words always seem to kill

No comments: