Friday, November 5, 2010

Sea of memories

Abridged future at dusk, dawn alights through sorrow.
I fear of losing today in the sea of tomorrow.
My memories bleed their color and then they slowly fade.
Through the loss of hope the blows of pain engrave.
My forgotten epitaph, misunderstood upon cracked headstone.
Reads only that in this faltered grave of mine, I lie alone

I lay across the horizon eternally watching the stars awake
Counting the years that pass with each new morning break
Time is nocturnal, passing only when I close my eyes
Only to reopen in fear to foreign and forgotten skies
Winds blow like a voice whose volume is slowly dimmed
False echoes remitted in the chasms in time condemned

How long I have walked upon this earth I cannot say
Thousands of years seem blurred as to a single day
A shooting star falling deeper into space, a fire growing forever cold
I forget the times I spent, now parting to become old
Space it seems is all to small, closing around me like a cage
I long for the end of eternity alone and the sunset of an age

Existence be known to me, as surf above a wave less wake
Lapping at my feet as a reminder of what shortened lifetimes from me take
My bed of sand flows through my hands with the pulse of hourglass beat
Slipping away no more to stay (beneath me lay the sands of time), gilding form deceit
Spirit am I, no more deny my passage gone by. I lie back and take the past with hapless taste
For death is fate and eternity takes the will to wander in life’s embrace

One by one I watched them die wondering when my time will come
As petals fall from wilting flowers like a whispered chorus sung
Heaven's gaze sought from afar as I wish to join the dead
But all I have is a massive sea of memories, tide flow within my head
Pieces of me were torn when each loved one was lost to me
I find that no matter what I do, I soon drown within my sea

No comments: