Friday, November 5, 2010

your words really confuse me

you don't really know me
for to you i am just a stranger

yet i see you every day
our paths cross time and time again

you think i don't listen to what you say
yet listen is all i have done

i must be honest and let you know
its your testimony that confuses me so

you tell me God is love
you tell me you love me
yet as i watch you live your life
i am confused as your brother or sister you hate

you tell me God can forgive me for all of my sin
yet i watch your life and watch you walk around feeling so down
condemned for your own sin, can he forgive me and not you?

you tell me God is your healer
yeah you are always sick

you tell me God is our only hope
yet as i watch your hope is money, and your job, and possessions

you tell me that God would love for everyone to be saved
yet week after week you never leave your pew to find a lost soul
week after week you go to work
you go home and lock your door from the world

you tell me that God supplies our needs
yet i hear you talk of all you do without
funny how its always about us
and never that one without a house
without some food
without some clothes

you tell me God is your joy and hope
yet as i pass you each day
you seem so down and depressed
the smallest things in your life
seems to make you feel worthless
that life has no meaning

you tell me God loves unconditionally
yet the conditions to be accepted into the fold
are so many one can never measure up

you tell me i can talk to you about anything
yet as i watch when problems arise where are you
you tell me, i wont tell a word
yet at the first sign of trouble the words begin to flow

all this is so confusing to me
do you realize what your testimony does to me?

No comments: