Friday, November 5, 2010

Dark Night

Twilight ever shadowed in impending doom

Alone here I stand in the light of the moon

Kindness betrayed, all hope has been lost

Devils are dancing at the foot of the cross

Flesh be abused by the cold winter wind

Warmth be consumed by the soulless within

Evil approaches on such swift steed

A sword he brandishes and violence his need

Alone here I cower, in the shadow of dark night

Obscured is my vision, and blackened my sight

He rises above me in grim and dark terror

To vanquish me swiftly and death bring forever

To violence and chaos, bring death and despair

Steal my will, and sanity tear

To eternity and oblivion we each fight to the death

Until the dark end, and the last haunted breath

Caught up in rage, thoughts scattered to wind

My reluctance engaged, and turmoil within

Capture my spirit and batter my mind

Take what is lost in ravaging time

Enough of this struggle, I long for the end

Long have we battled, in darkness and sin

Defeated in shame, I drop to my knees

Extinguish my light in the malevolent seas

Victory forgotten in the cause of revenge

Hate is consuming while symptoms begin

My price was less in which to pay

For while I have left he has stayed

Fate accepted at the loss of my life

For the penance he paid was too high a price

No comments: