Friday, November 5, 2010

Seasons of the soul

Angels of light in the cold winter night
Have come to bring sorrow of nothing tomorrow
Sing me to rest with dreams of life blessed
And count off the tears of these past hundred years
Lift me forever above demon terror
And lay me to sleep at my lover's warm feet
I've wandered and lost my way from the cross
A sinner not saved from salvation betrayed
Forgive me my father my heart has grown harder
I cannot come back from daylight gone black
Turn not away from your son you can't save
Try once again to free me from sin
And give me new life with shimmering light
Believe not the lies of the cold winter skies
Truth is not clear when clouded with fear
So pray for the light to break through the night
And gather the parts of my lone broken heart
Piece back together my love held forever
Silence the screams of tortured dark dreams
And give me release in hopes of my peace
Through terrible pain I have gone insane
From wanting to die with you by my side
Bringing within my life come to end
And take me back home to heaven's safe throne
Keep me to stay no longer to stray
Silence my fears of lonely dark years
And in death reunite to lovers by night

No comments: