Friday, November 5, 2010

monster within

Eating away inside my mind
Years of anger making me blind
When the monster within takes control
I might as well die for I have no soul.

Bitterness rises up from my gut
From the top of my head right down to my foot
It surges, it feeds, it destroys those I love
It controls from within like a puppet on a glove.

The things I say, the things I do
How can anyone love me, how can you?
How can you love this monster in me?
How can I and will I ever break free?

It’s almost like I become possessed
Yet in my heart I long for rest
For tranquility, calm and peace to come
To undo all this hurt before my time is done.

The anger so strong, so deep inside
All I want is to run and hide
To get in a box, to climb in a bin
To get away from this monster within.

No comments: